Join artisan couple Hy and Dani Boltz of Honeysuckle & Mud for an afternoon of spoon carving! This workshop is designed for the complete beginner carver however will be enjoyed by all experience levels.
Hy and Dani will lead students in hand carving their very own wooden spoon from blank to finish. The workshop begins with a mini heartfelt discussion on “presence” + students will be given historical background on the art of spoon carving. Students will learn about the tools needed along with basic wood cutting and safety techniques.
These workshops are thoughtfully put together to create a relaxing, playful, fun, unique and cozy experience for everyone attending. You will find simple, sweet, homemade touches scattered throughout the entire class and will leave feeling creatively inspired with your very own spoon in hand.
Students will be shown:
* How to dig out the bowl of the spoon
* How to whittle the handle and top of the spoon safely
* How to sand and finish the spoon
* A borrowed toolkit with a Flexcut carving knife, palm gouge (option to purchase)
* Spoon blank
* Well articulated verbal instruction
* A handwritten note